[BC] Modualtion Monitors (do we need them?)

Wade Giddens wg345
Sat Jul 29 17:43:23 CDT 2006

I am going to defend the use of Modulation Monitors for some very practical
reasons.  I love blinky lights!  Actually, within the last week, our AM
transmitter remote control called and reported a telemetry alarm.  The
telemetry alarm was triggered by dead air resulting from a programming
error. The Inovonics Modulation Monitor is wired into the Sine Systems
facilities controller.  If the transmitter goes off the air, or if there is
dead air, it calls.  Plus, I can call it up and listen for positive or
negative modulation peaks.  Blinky sounds!