[BC] ABC Affidavit Software...

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Wed Jul 26 18:36:21 CDT 2006

In a message dated 07/26/2006 4:46:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
justin at justinkaiser.com writes:

> Has anyone installed the software that ABC is asking it's affiliates to use
>  for affidavits?  I think it's ludicrous that they ask us to install
software
>  to submit these things.  A simple web-page would be fine... like TM
>  Century's...
>
>  Any thoughts on this?

If enough stations balk, they might just be pressured into it. Then again,
maybe not. As long as the software isn't invasive, doesn't cause instability,
etc, you're probably OK. Tom O. mentioned that Mutual provided thier own
computer & modem. Maybe ABC should provide their own computer, too?

Along a similar note, ASCAP required sotware to be installed to submit
reports to them. Now, it all seems to have come to a stop... no more BMI logs, no
more ASCAP reports. I wonder if it's related to that new 24/7 digital music
monitoring service that's gone online recently? A few months ago, someone posted a
link to a WEBsite that made this information available, but I lost it. I'd
appreciate having that link, again. :) I'd love to check the accuracy of that
system regarding the music we play.

Willie...
WFIF