[BC] stamping opinions

Peter Moncure pmoncure
Wed Jul 26 11:17:46 CDT 2006

> Until IBOC fails, it is what
> we have, and all we will get. Thus, on this point, Rich and
> I agree completely. Let's get on with it.

I also agree, but not completely, as I worry that
1) radio's consumers may say, "What, another digital AM? (yawn)", and
2) IBAC for AM may not fail in a black-and-white scenario, which makes
things much worse.  It could linger daytime--and since radio is somewhat
behind in the bit-conversion process, we need a clean proposal.

If insufficient technical leadership or motivation to acquire same
exists at FCC, could the market (us, representing our consumers) decide
and petition for all AM radios to have software-upgradeable digital
innards?  Why not?  Once you have a chip or two into which you can plug
IBAC or DRM or next week's newbie, at least your penetration issue is
slowly eroded.

--
Peter Moncure, RadioSoft