[BC] Question About A Daytimer

Bob Foxworth rfoxwor1
Mon Jul 24 08:37:47 CDT 2006

> Ok folks, maybe I'm missing something here.... so someone can clue me
in.

> WGOD-AM 1090 in Charlotte Amalie, Virgin Islands is listed as 250 Watt
> Daytimer.
>
> I'm curious, about two things...
>
> **Namely, what is keeping this station daytime only? What is it
protecting?
> **Is there anything keeping it from going with more power by  day?
>
> Thanks
> Paul

Just a guess from me, but perhaps the British and French
have some sort of veto power over them using a stronger
allocation, due to geographical proximity of their territories.
Maybe Scott Fybush can add something here (I am on the
digest feed, so perhaps he already did. If so, I apologize)

Another thought, maybe they do the job they want to do,
with existing facilities and don't want to, or can't afford,
an upgrade. I heard them for a bit when I was in that
area last January on a carnival cruise ship.

- Bob