[BC] Why One answer

JYRussell@academicplanet.com jyrussell
Fri Jul 21 10:20:18 CDT 2006

One of the answers I was given years ago was that it was "paying your
dues"... The reasoning was "Obviously, the well-paid CE for a bajillion watt
TV powerhouse had to start somewhere... and you only get that kind of
education a couple of ways... one way is to pay to go to college for it...
the other, pay for it in labor and hands-on experience"...

   I admit, it's probably a better education than falling asleep in class,
and it's got a lot of value....but wouldn't it be nice to afford food and
gas while you're going though it all !

Jason

<snip>
 The work we do is
the same whether we're fixing an FM25K in Chicago or Presque Isle, Maine. In
fact, fixing that rig in Maine can be HARDER due to the inabilty to have
local
parts available.

Why?

-D