[BC] So how did we miss this one?

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Thu Jul 13 08:37:10 CDT 2006

In a message dated 07/13/2006 09:19:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dynotherm at earthlink.net writes:

> The 17/24 GHz BSS service holds the potential of
>  bringing a new generation of innovative satellite services
>  to American consumers - providing a mix of video, audio,
>  data and multimedia services to residential and business
>  subscribers.

At such high frequencies, doesn't rain fade (& other atmospheric issues)
start to have an even more dramatic effect? How reliable can such a service truly
be? What other technical hurdles need to be overcome to make it truly
marketable? There are enough issues with the 11Ghz stuff, so I wonder about 17.

I don't know if it will truly be a "nail in the coffin"... but it *is* an
issue of concern.

Willie...