[BC] So how did we miss this one?

Scott Todd stodd
Thu Jul 13 09:06:33 CDT 2006

I'd imagine it to be much worse, Willie.  I remember TV coverage of some
big grass fires near here a few years ago and the 23GHz links from the
news trucks couldn't penetrate the smoke.

Scott Todd

At such high frequencies, doesn't rain fade (& other atmospheric issues)
start to have an even more dramatic effect? How reliable can such a service truly
be? What other technical hurdles need to be overcome to make it truly
marketable? There are enough issues with the 11Ghz stuff, so I wonder about 17.