[BC] So how did we miss this one?

tosenkowsky@prodigy.net tosenkowsky
Thu Jul 13 08:37:06 CDT 2006

> Next somebody will invent a gyro stabilized six inch
> dish to wear on our heads and we can all run around
> 24/7 with the latest headgear listening to the latest
> shock jock beaming down from space. This has got to
> be the revenge of somebody who hated wearing a propeller
> head beanie as a freshman.

Phil,

I see this proposal as an offer of greater diversity of
programming to the general public. I envision a satellite
system enhanced by terrestrial repeaters which will allow
local content (news, traffic, commercials) inserts. It could
be interactive, so if I wanted to watch Touched By An Agnel,
I could do so on demand. Listen to or watch Dr. Laura, press
a button. Public Affairs/Service programming in prime time,
EAS integration and maintenance of a Public File in each
community served would be keye elements to the success of
the program. This will entice AM/FM broadcasters to enhance
and buttress their local programming.

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE