[BC] Shulke's Black Box

Cowboy curt
Tue Jul 4 11:55:05 CDT 2006

On Tuesday 04 July 2006 12:15 pm, Thomas G. Osenkowsky wrote:

> CAUTION: The above post is solely to be read
> by the intended recipient.

 So, was *I* the intended recipient ?
 'Cause if I wasn't, then being the good boy that I always am, I won't read it.

> If you have received this
> email in error, kindly return it to the sender.

 Well, I'll just keep it here, safe, until I know.
 If I wasn't intended, then I'll return it to you, of course.

> The contents
> herein are Confidential and not to be disseminated to any
> other party.

 Well, since I'm not including the contents here, I guess I'm OK.
 OR, have I broken the law by questioning the warnings and
 legal mumbo-jumbo that was also included ?
 OR
 Is the warning an addendum, and not "really" included ?

 Maybe the warning should have been done as an attachment
 so it wouldn't be included ?
 No, attachments are not really attached, but are actually included
 as part of the contents, so I guess that wouldn't work either.

 Never mind.

> Any broadcast, reproduction or transmission
> of these contents without the express written consent of
> Major League Baseball is strictly prohibited.

 Um.....
 This presents a dilemma.
 If I need to return it to you, do I need the permission of
 Major League Baseball, or can you represent them on
 your own behalf, and grant me permission to return
 ( by transmission of the contents ) the original to you, or
 must I return it without the contents ?

 OR, am I already in very serious trouble, because I'm not a lawyer ?

> Readers are warned the some or all of the contents are pure
> fiction, jest, poor attempt at humor and not in good taste.

 Thanks for the warning, but since I don't yet know if it's OK for
 me to read the contents, I don't guess this applies.....

 I'm so confused !

--
Cowboy