[BC] Shulke's Black Box

Thomas G. Osenkowsky tosenkowsky
Tue Jul 4 11:15:23 CDT 2006

> The transient and peak response of analogue wire vs. that of oxygen free
> digital wire is really worth the extra bucks I have been told.  ??

Digital wire is immune to the deficiencies of analog wire.
Analog wire was used to wind the audio transformers of
which we speak ill. Recall the low frequency tilt and high
frequency overshoot characteristics that 'limited' the
ability to fully and correctly modulate an AM or FM
transmitter. The L/C pilot filters had ringing, causing
overmodulation due to peaks. AM mod xfmsr and
reactors had tilt and overshoot. The component leads
were also constructed using analog wire.

Digital wire, OTOH, continuously samples the audio
thus preserving the original waveform. Digitally sampled
square waves (such as clipped audio) do not have tilt,
overshoot or ringing. The additional investment one
makes in digital wire is repaid in faithful waveform
reproduction, thus making it the correct choice.

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE (continued below)

CAUTION: The above post is solely to be read
by the intended recipient. If you have received this
email in error, kindly return it to the sender. The contents
herein are Confidential and not to be disseminated to any
other party. Any broadcast, reproduction or transmission
of these contents without the express written consent of
Major League Baseball is strictly prohibited.
Readers are warned the some or all of the contents are pure
fiction, jest, poor attempt at humor and not in good taste.