[BC] Shulke's Black Box

Thomas G. Osenkowsky tosenkowsky
Mon Jul 3 17:52:24 CDT 2006

Do not confuse a length of straight wire with products of
the now defunct Straight Wire Audio company. A straight
wire has properties of resistance, inductance and capacitance,
all of which influence the signals (AC and/or DC) that pass
through it.

When I was CE of a Schulke station, I removed their mods to
the 8100 and set it for 6db of medium recovery release.
Needless to say, Irv Joel was outraged. The owner, GM and
OM agreed the station sounded much better and elected to
keep the settings and mod removals I performed. I cannot
recall any 'black box' in the line.

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE