[BC] delays on radio and TV (old timer question)

Harold Hallikainen harold
Mon Jul 3 17:18:47 CDT 2006

> ------ At 04:50 PM 7/3/2006, DHultsman5 at aol.com wrote: -------
>
>>Radio Guys may recall the article showing the carousels for the ABC
>> four
>>networks that iserted commeercials in Chicago to the rest of the
>>network  during
>>ABC commercial breaks for regional splits.  Of ciurse some of heard  it
>> screw
>>up over the years with a bad card or dragging cart.
>
> Years later ABC New York took over the radio network spots with a
> wall of Instacarts at the ABC TOC on the 6th floor at 125 West End
> Avenue. I believe it was down to three time zones by that time. A
> client could buy the same time in all three time zones. Different
> programming, of course. Mostly newscasts. I was there about 15 years
> ago, so it happened before then.

This reminds me of the old Transtar network which, I believe, would split
left and right to give different spots to different markets. They'd also
send content to specific stations over the satellite during mandatory
local breaks. At times someone's automation would not take the local break
and we'd hear the weather for Denver or something like that. Or the split
would not work at the receive end and you'd get one commercial in your
right ear, and another in the left.

Harold
--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com - Advertising