[BC] I was WRONG!

Harold Hallikainen harold
Sat Jul 1 11:12:27 CDT 2006

>>From: Larry Bloomfield <Larry at Tech-Notes.TV>
>>According to the Federal Trade Commission, #
>><http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2005/04/dnc.htm> It is already illegal to use
>>autodialers on cell phone numbers, which eliminates most telemarketers.
>
> It may be illegal for them to call cell phones, but it happens.  This past
> week, I started getting calls on my cell from an 800 number about every 20
> minutes during the day.  Phone would ring, but nobody was there.  This was
> especially annoying while I was attending a training session.
>
> I called the number and it was one of those boiler-room outfits offering
> student loan consolidation (and I have never had a student loan).  It took
> couple of calls to get them to leave me alone.
>
> I have seen similar instances where telemarketers will repeatedly dial
> ISDN
> numbers.
>
> Allen Sherrill

File a complaint with the FCC. I've done a few hundred in the past year
regarding unsolicited commercial faxes. The FCC called me about one of
them as they were getting ready to take action against one of the senders.

Harold

--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com - Advertising
opportunities available!