[BC] I was WRONG!

Allen Sherrill warp99
Sat Jul 1 10:20:22 CDT 2006

>From: Larry Bloomfield <Larry at Tech-Notes.TV>
>According to the Federal Trade Commission, #
><http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2005/04/dnc.htm> It is already illegal to use
>autodialers on cell phone numbers, which eliminates most telemarketers.

It may be illegal for them to call cell phones, but it happens.  This past
week, I started getting calls on my cell from an 800 number about every 20
minutes during the day.  Phone would ring, but nobody was there.  This was
especially annoying while I was attending a training session.

I called the number and it was one of those boiler-room outfits offering
student loan consolidation (and I have never had a student loan).  It took a
couple of calls to get them to leave me alone.

I have seen similar instances where telemarketers will repeatedly dial ISDN
numbers.

Allen Sherrill