[BC] Traffic reports

Scott Fybush scott
Thu Aug 31 16:29:18 CDT 2006

> 	When I first go to Las Vegas, I'd hear traffic reports talking about
> the Rainbow Curve and the Spaghetti Bowl, with no idea where they were or
> what road they were on.  Now it's second nature, but for the newcomers and
> visitors it is a real disservice.

Chicago is notoriously bad for this, and the rapid-fire delivery of the
traffic reports there doesn't help any. What's more, the Chicago traffic
reports are all delivered with driving times, which is great if you know
what you're doing - but otherwise "52 from O'Hare to the junction"
probably won't mean much.

I admit to being guilty of occasionally referencing the "Can of Worms"
when doing traffic here in Rochester. That's the long-gone name of the
nasty old interchange at I-490 and 590 on the east side of the city, and
even though the interchange itself was rebuilt many years ago, the locals
still use the name.