[BC] proportion

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Sun Aug 27 18:12:00 CDT 2006

On 8/27/06, Barry Mishkind <barry at oldradio.com> wrote:

> Compared to the US, what percentage of radio stations in Germany
> broadcast non-German language transmissions (this would not include
> shortwave stations purposely broadcasting to other countries)?

I don't know the percentages offhand, but you might be able to compile
some statistics for Germany (and other German-speaking countries) by
browsing the station listings at:

http://www.ukwtv.de/sender-tabelle/index.html

These are sorted according to L?nder, and unless a station is listed
as an AFN (Armed Forces Network) or Power Network affiliate, or an
"Auslandssender" such as BBC, NPR or Radio France, the jocks are
likely to be speaking German -- but playing a bunch of
English-language hits.

Mark