[BC] proportion

Al Stewart stewarta
Sun Aug 27 18:22:44 CDT 2006

I don't have the percentages ... but the following is on

www.media-awareness.ca/english/issues/stereotyping/ethnics_and_minorities/minorities_ethnicmedia.cfm

Canada now has 14 full-service radio stations to provide programming for various ethnic groups, and more than 60 mainstream radio stations include ethnic ...

Al

------ At 03:33 PM 08/27/2006 -0700, Barry Mishkind wrote: -------

>I'm going to ask this question, hoping some of you will have a data-based answer rather than merely a political one:
>
>Compared to the US, what percentage of radio stations in Germany broadcast non-German language transmissions (this would not include shortwave stations purposely broadcasting to other countries)?
>What percentage of stations in France broadcast non-French language formats?
>What percentage of stations Canada broadcast non-English and non-French formats?
>
>While you may have stats on specific programs, I'm thinking more of stations that run 24/7  (or at least daytime).
>
>thanks
>barry

>Barry Mishkind     -       Tucson, AZ    -   520-296-3797

Al Stewart
stewarta at kootenay.com
stewarta at xplornet.com