[BC] FCC commissioner says "we may have gone too far" on indecency

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Sat Aug 26 14:35:44 CDT 2006

On 25 Aug 2006 at 19:23, Rich Wood wrote:

> I'm sure his comments will be used in the first First Amendment test
> of the vagueness of the FCC's rules on indecency. I'll bet most of
> the attorneys who'll have to fight to retain the Commission's hold on
> indecency regulation rushed out to stock up on Pepto Bismol.

Not necessarily. It is possible that it may be inserted in renewals
as other things such as file and RF compliance have been. IOW the
licensee does agree that it will not violate the rules on indecency
as a part of its application for renewal. It may be an end run around
the US Constitution, but how is that unique for the FCC?

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037