[BC] DST vs Daytimers

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Wed Aug 23 07:07:42 CDT 2006

In a message dated 08/23/2006 07:47:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
curt at spam-o-matic.net writes:

>   If the TX went up in flames, would they not consider buying another ?
>   If a tower crashed, would they not consider putting it back up ?

Yes, and yes... Insurance would cover it. We did, in fact, have a tower go
down a few years back. Insurance not only covered the tower, it helped to offset
the lost revenue from the resulting low-power operations. (Several months
worth!)

>   I merely suggest that there is ample warning in this case, one of few
times
>   in broadcast when we get any warning of impending problems at all, and
>   that energies might be better spent in seeking a workable solution, rather
>   than spending the warning period lamenting the problem.

Hopefully, by bringing the issue up here on this Forum (where there are a
great many B'casters reading) some that are affected by this will stir, and start
the ball rolling on their end. We can't do it alone, but perhaps *as a
group*, we can at least get our collective voices heard. That's what I'm hoping to
accomplish, anyway.

>   You know what your management is not willing to do.

Yeah... spend a lotta moolah! ;) If there were a way to move to a new
frequency, that would be a viable option. If only we could get on the ExBand... sigh.

>   What ARE they willing to look at ??

That's a good question. The VP will be coming down, today, and hopefully I'll
have a few minutes to talk to him about it.

Willie...