[BC] Interesting sign-offs and Tech Difficulties

Gary Peterson kzerocx
Sat Aug 19 19:55:24 CDT 2006

" "We're sorry but our transmitter is off the air."....  We'll be back as
soon as we can...blah blah   with instructions to run it in case the
transmitter went off the air.  This was back way before digital cable feeds
and  direct tv feeds....  I tried to reason with the lady general manager
that this was a waste of time but gave up and we made the tape and ran it
when the transmitter crapped out.  What can you do.
Bob Barnswatts "

Reminds me of the time that I had seven pieces of copy, for the same client,
in my production basket.  The order showed that the spots could only run one
particlar day and five ads had been purchased/scheduled.

I asked the salesperson which two ads I should toss.  I was told, in no
uncertain terms, that I should produce all seven and they should rotate on
the same cart.  When I pointed out that only five would air, I was told that
I was lazy.

I produced and dubbed five to a cart.  Only five ads ever ran.  Yup...I was
lazy.

Gary, K?CX