[BC] Interesting sign-offs

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Fri Aug 18 16:46:19 CDT 2006

In a message dated 8/18/2006 4:36:07 PM Central Standard Time,  ro
n.doto at comcast.net writes:

I  remember one Portland, OR. station back in the '80's would show a  bare
lightbulb hanging on its cord with the announcement something like "We  now
end our broadcast day.  Goodnight!"  Then a hand would reach  out and pull
the chain on the cord and the screen went to black with  squelch noise.

The good old days :)

Ron  D

Station in the DFW market used to play the National Anthem about 1:30  AM
and the use the circle effects generator and start out as a large  circle and
gradually make the circle black from the outside to the center when  it was
totally black the Visual and aural carrier would go away as the xmtr was  shut
down.

Dave