[BC] Low-Tech "EAS" & air-fillers

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Fri Aug 18 16:51:26 CDT 2006

In a message dated 8/18/2006 4:27:11 PM Central Standard Time,
WFIFeng at aol.com writes:

> One  of the most popular networks in Cuba  is "Radio Relo"    which  is a
one
>  second "tick" for 59 second of each minute and then on  the "O"  second
mark
> the
>  ce  "rr"   this mis constantly runing behind the spoken  24 hour
newscasts.

Not sure what happened to your text, above...

Typing before I had my morning caffine and my glasses on.
Regarding the above,  at the "0" second mark the announcer pauses  usually
for the ID which is done every minute in c.w.  "RR"  ._.,  ._.

Tune around the AM dial at night it is usually on about three to five  places
on the dial.   At one time it was one of the most popular  networks in Cuba.
 (Controlled Media???)

Dave