Tower paint...Re: [BC] WMCA/WNYC Tower Work

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Mon Aug 14 09:51:11 CDT 2006

On my last paint job, I went with MAB -- a local brand -- and used
their "Ply-Tile" primer with "Ply-Thane" 890 two-part
aliphatic-acrylic-urethane top coat.  I was specifically seeking
products that would adhere well to transmission line jackets and
resist fading, and this is the combination their R&D guy recommended.
 It's too soon to know if it will hold up for ten years -- but after
two, it still looks great.  It can be applied by brush, roller, mitt,
or spray and the pot life is 2-4 hours.  No major complaints from the
painting crew.

www.mabpaints.com/pdf/techdata/k1-890.pdf

In the interest of full disclosure, there's another reason I chose
that brand:  the GM that I reported to at that time is the wife of one
of MAB's family-owners... so we did negotiate a good price!  :)
Still a lot more expensive than conventional paint, but I expect it
will pay off in the long run.

Mark