Tower paint...Re: [BC] WMCA/WNYC Tower Work

Mike McCarthy Towers
Mon Aug 14 08:58:25 CDT 2006

I've been getting 10 years from a paint from Wasser  by the name of
MC-Luster.  It's a moisture-cure urethane semi-gloss which has the
brightest/highest solids count I have seen in a paint. On the ground in the
can, it's blinding...

The white is still as brilliant as the day we painted 11 years ago and the
red is more pink now than red. But the contrast is still quite vivid. The
red is at the faded end of the chip chart and will need painting
soon.  Still...10 years...when Sherwin-Williams and Anchor only give
5...  We rust converted the tower before we painted and the last inspection
up the tower revealed no outward signs of any rust bleed.  This is great
paint....and it better be at >$80/gal.

Likewise, if there is a better paint that gives me more than 10 years and
is reasonable to apply by mitt or spray applicator, lets see...  It's been
10 years since I did my last round of research.

MM

At 09:12 AM 8/14/2006 -0400, Mark Humphrey wrote