[BC] Headphone polarity and bone conduction...

Ron Cole rondcole
Mon Aug 14 09:45:46 CDT 2006

That's all true for a local headsets.  Many consoles had phase reversal
switches that are their to compensate for mis wired mics in a multiple
microphone mix but can be used to flip the phase of the headphone audio as
well..

In the On Air monitoring case I allays figured that since the on air audio
chain had phase scramblers in it there would be no phase correlation back to
the headsets.

It was a stab in the dark to eliminate a problem that the one announcer had
and we solved to problem.  The rest of the staff could not tell any
difference in the off air audio in there cans.

Of course this has to be like 15 years ago since I left full time broadcast
engineering over 10 years ago.

Ron
N5HYH