[BC] Absolute Polarity (was XLR pinout debate)

Ron Cole rondcole
Sun Aug 13 12:39:55 CDT 2006

In the pre digital days, I had an jock that was constantly complaining about
the off air sound of the headphones.  I could never find anything wrong with
the off air audio feed then one day I swapped the balanced audio polarity
and She quit complaining.  I guess she was sensitive to "absolute polarity"
of the whole transmission path.
That was not an issue after the Digital STL was installed, too much delay to
listen live any more.

Ron