[BC] Re: Blacklisting in Broadcast Engineering

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Aug 10 19:19:21 CDT 2006

------ At 05:36 PM 8/10/2006, PeterH5322 wrote: -------

>When a future prospective employer fact-checks your application, it is
>possible that you may be caught in a lie if your application states
>"resigned to accept a better opportunity", whereas your former employer
>can, and possibly will state your true reason for leaving: "resigned to
>avoid being fired for cause".

I've worked for some large corporations. Everyone of them now has a
policy not to comment on any previous employee beyond giving dates of
service. The liability is far too great to give a negative
"recommendation" about a former employee. I've had to sit through
many presentations by legal departments advising us what we can and
can't say about someone, however incompetent they may have been.

Times have changed.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia