[BC] Re: Blacklisting in Broadcast Engineering

PeterH5322 peterh5322
Thu Aug 10 18:11:12 CDT 2006

>I believe that current HR policy still dictates that the job performance
>rating or assessment of either a "good" or "bad" employee is never released
>by a former employer to a third party, without a legal requirement to do
>so.

I once interviewed a prospective employee for a medium-level position at
this Nation's second largest city.

Submitted as a "recommendation" was a letter from his immediately
preceding employer, once this Nation's largest computer manufacturer ...
I can't name them, but the initial letters of their name can be derived
from the term "intercourse before marriage" ... and his "recommendation"
was contained in one simple paragraph.

"<insert name here> was employed as a <insert position here> from <insert
dates of employment here>. S/he is a loyal American".

I kid you not!

This was during the Viet Nam War era, which was still during the Cold
War, so perhaps that had something to do with the second sentence of this
VERY terse paragraph, which was the ENTIRE contents of his
"recommendation" letter.