[BC] Question on Call Letters

Rich Wood richwood
Wed Aug 9 07:09:23 CDT 2006

------ At 12:23 AM 8/9/2006, FrankGott at aol.com wrote: -------

>As a mere teen I owned WEAK.  Those were the calls of the station I operated
>in the top 40 era.  It was powered by a Knight-Kit Wireless Broadcaster on
>840.  WEAK was a daytimer protecting WHAS <g>  The calls - - quite
>obviously - -
>described the signal/

I was an owner back then, too. I owned WRBW using a Knight-Kit
Wireless Broadcaster. Years later when WOAI became an affiliate of
mine I confessed to using 1200KHz. I actually "sold" time. The local
record shop gave me a couple of 45s a week and the local theatre let
me in free. WRBW was a "whatevertimer."

Fortunately, I knew something about electricity or I's probably be
toast. If the polarity was wrong the chassis was hot. The plug wasn't
polarized.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia