[BC] Question on Call Letters

FrankGott@aol.com FrankGott
Tue Aug 8 23:24:32 CDT 2006

In a message dated 8/8/2006 11:13:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
larry.albert at murraystate.edu writes:

<<
 WEAK  900AM  Eddyville, KY

 The transmitter building was visible from major highway.

As a mere teen I owned WEAK.  Those were the calls of the station I operated
in the top 40 era.  It was powered by a Knight-Kit Wireless Broadcaster on
840.  WEAK was a daytimer protecting WHAS <g>  The calls - - quite obviously - -
described the signal/

Eight-four-oh ray-dee-o.  W-E-A-K, Midland P-A.

We recently had an all-classes high school reunion.  The station is
remembered decades later.

Frank Gottlieb