[BC] Re: Designers then and now

KC4QLP@aol.com KC4QLP
Mon Aug 7 15:04:08 CDT 2006

>How did  the 5-500 do ? Did anyone use it besides McMartin  ?

>I think the McMartin used the 4-500???? I may be wrong.  The Collins  820D-1

>and 820D-2 used the 5-500 tubes which performed very well the D-2 was  great

>on positives.

>DAve

Yep...the McMartin BA1K did come factory with 4-500's...many however were
convered to use 4-400's soon after being put into service.

I just never understood the design of having plexy glass on the front of the
rig. I've seen many BA1K's with a warped "window".

  Bob Carter - KC4QLP
Mid-Atlantic-Engineering-Services of Utica NY / Elizabeth City NC

http://www.geocities.com/midatlanticengineeringservice
WKVU-FM Utica/Rome NY,WKVJ-FM Dannemora/Plattsburgh NY,WKYJ-FM Rouses Point
NY,WRCS-AM Ahoskie NC