[BC] Re: Experimental period

Xmitters@aol.com Xmitters
Mon Aug 7 08:41:16 CDT 2006

In a message dated 8/7/06 12:00:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:

<< I'm looking at the FCC rules in my 1950 Broadcasting Yearbook, and
 section 3.10 reads, in part, as follows (caps are mine):

 "This period may be used for experimental purposes in testing and
 maintaining apparatus by the licensee of any standard broadcast station
 on its assigned frequency AND WITH ITS AUTHORIZED POWER, providing no
 interference is caused to other stations maintaining a regular operating
 schedule within such period." >>

All very interesting. However, that does anot answer my question. When did
the FCC write the law in the form that you could not use greater than authorized
power? Was it all the way back to day one? If yes, then that's what I am
interested in knowing.

Jeff Glass