[BC] Cuban operations

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Mon Aug 7 08:35:09 CDT 2006

In a message dated 8/6/2006 10:20:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
miltron at mindspring.com writes:

As we  discussed here (or was it on radio-tech?) a few months ago, there
>is  some pretty solid -- although not yet proven -- evidence that  during
>the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962, WLW fired up "Big Bertha" and  ran it at
>somewhere between 500 and 750 kW, at the request of the U.S.  government.

My recollection is that during the first Cuban crisis the Fed's bought  radio
time on several stations at night for propaganda programming.

The second Cuban crisis was the night they turned on several high powers in
english and jammed 610 kHz. with high power signals,  probably using Radio
Habana's high power from 600 kHz., to influence a vote in Congress regarding
Cuban interference.

It did work congress put off the vote.   610, Birmingham, 610  Houston, 610
Miami, 610 Charlotte were all messed up within their primary  coverage areas.

Terrorism on the radio.

Dave