[BC] Radio Reccomendation Needed

Glen Kippel glen.kippel
Sun Aug 6 22:55:48 CDT 2006

On 8/6/06, Radiofldude at aol.com <Radiofldude at aol.com> wrote:

> I want to get a radio thats good for DXing.  I know having a
> digital  radio
> is more expensive and I can't/don't want to spend alot of money.
>
> Besides a GE SuperRadio, what else is there that's really good? A
> radio  that
> has built in speakers but an connections for extrenal AM and FM Antennas
> would be great.

The best thing ever for MW DX is the Hammarlund SP-600 series, closely
followed by the Hammarlund HQ-180.  Collins R-390A's have also been used by
many top DXers.  These are of course hollow-state receivers.  Since you
don't want to spend an undefined "lot of money, i won't suggest the newer
Ten-Tec RX-340 or the PC radios from WiNRADIO.

A GE Superadio is not "really good."  Fair, maybe.  I used to own one.