[BC] Flying off the shelves at a Radio Shack near you

Paul Smith W4KNX paul
Thu Aug 3 15:53:44 CDT 2006

That generator on an exercise bike is sold at some sporting goods stores.  I
have a friend who didnt want his kids watching so much TV so he installed
one on his TV.  The kids now have to really want to watch something.  They
dont watch near as much any more.  Then the guys wife raises hell with him
because when he wanted to watch TV he would defeat it.  She said you need to
lose 20 lbs.  Get your A$$ on the bike too if you want to watch TV.

Paul Smith
Sarasota, FL

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net]On Behalf Of Harold Hallikainen
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 2:55 PM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] Flying off the shelves at a Radio Shack near you

> In a message dated 08/03/2006 12:17:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> richwood at pobox.com writes:
>
>  > I understand the IBUZ version requires a human treadmill.
>
> LOL! Ya know... that might almost be enough motivation for me to use the
> treadmill! It wouldn't be a bad idea to harness one of those things for
> charging batteries. You could get your excercize and do something
> productive at the
> same time. Us Hams could use it to keep our stations on the air, too.
>
> Willie...

I think the treadmill should really be tied to the grid. Wasn't there a
cartoon or something with a gym that had a big LED sign showing how many
kwh they'd produced?

One of my former business partners connected a TV to a generator on an
exercise bicycle for his wife...

Harold

--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com - Advertising