[BC] Flying off the shelves at a Radio Shack near you

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Thu Aug 3 15:16:41 CDT 2006

On 8/3/06, WFIFeng at aol.com <WFIFeng at aol.com> wrote:

> Cellphone charger... interesting! Don't those things all use incompatible
> connectors, though? It must come with some kind of "universal"
> doohicky, right?

Speaking of "universal doohickies", I've modified the power cables on
all of my 12 VDC electronic stuff -- including ham gear, GPS, HT,
laptop computer, 12 volt bench supplies, gel-cells, etc.  -- with
Anderson Powerpole connectors.   Also, I've wired adapters to convert
lighter plugs and sockets to Powerpoles, and made up a couple of
four-way Powerpole "cube taps" for use in rental cars.

These are the defacto standard for ARES/RACES groups.  They are
"genderless", work very well and are easy to install (soldering is
optional) and Allied Electronics sells them in bulk at a good price.

These links may already have been posted on this list, but in case
anyone missed them, here they are again:

http://www.races.net/powerpole.phtml

http://home.comcast.net/~buck0/app.htm

http://www.andersonpower.com/products/pp/sp.html

http://www.powerwerx.com/default.asp