[BC] Energy Onix or Armstrong 20K FM (similar quality?)

Kent Winrich kwinrich
Thu Aug 3 14:03:04 CDT 2006

Just bring ear plugs when working on it (armstrong).  Can you say Jet
Engine?  I was co-located with one.  Couldnt hear myself think.

On 8/2/06, Charles Wooten NF4A
<<mailto:nf4a at knology.net>nf4a at knology.net> wrote:
Tell the guy in Brewton to call Hugh Ellington over at WKNU (also in
Brewton)...I put a 3kw Armstrong box for them a couple of years ago and they
are very happy with it.

Charlie Wooten

-----Original Message-----
[mailto: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of wpio fm radio
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 11:22 PM

A station in Brewton Alabama doesn't want to wait 60 days
for delivery on an Armstrong 20 KW FM xmtr.  (thier OMB was
just 'destroyed' by lightening and will sold as is)

Energy Onix has a 23.5 KW and can deliver almost immediately.

I was asked if the quality of those brands is about the
same.  I have much experience with Armstrong and recommend
them.  But can't really comment if the Energy Onix tube
units are similar in quality.

Anyone with experience with the Energy Onix 20 or 23.5 KW
unit - I'll relay what you say.

Randy Henry
for WELJ 90.9 FM Brewton