[BC] HDRadio

Alan Kline akline
Thu Aug 3 01:29:23 CDT 2006

------ At 10:10 PM 8/2/2006 -0400, The Most Honourable Dana  Puopolo wrote: -------

>The irony is that HDTV audio is substantially better then IBOC audio (and
>especially IBOC stations with secondaries - HDTV audio simply blows that
>away!).

When we built our new MCR last year, we equipped it with a home-theater
sound system, so we could actually listen to the Dolby 5.1 (Gotta monitor
what you transmit, right?)

Now, my favorite moments of the week in there are the opening titles of
CSI on Thursday night...

DUMMM...DA DUMMM...DUM...DA DUMMM...WHO ARE YOU? WHO WHO? WHO WHO?...
cranked up as high as I dare...the floor panels vibrate...

Everyone else in the building (and I think the neighbors across the street)
hates it, but so what?? :-)

Although it can backfire...one night, our DTV demod chose that moment to
lose the audio for a second...I thought I'd blown the speakers...

ak