[BC] Personal protection (was other subjects)

Dave Dunsmoor mrfixit
Wed Aug 2 12:36:21 CDT 2006

> shotgun does not have to be aimed carefully to be effective, and when
> someone is under pressure it is difficult to aim carefully.  My preference
> would be for a Mossberg 500 with a bullpup stock.

And the sound of a shotgun slideaction ought to be deterrent to any
rational "bad guy". And if that doesn't do the trick, one can always
use the weapon.

But as Curt says,  (paraphrasing) I'm not interested in any armed conflict
under any conditions.

I've carried my favorite 357 on occasion, mainly for entertainment, and the
only thing that got hurt is the beer cans left over after the tower crew
left.
Every few days I'd check on the progress of a new tower being erected,
and find more Bud cans and more .22 casings (lots of each) on the ground.

Interesting. 20+ years ago. I don't know it tower crews still work this way,
but this one did then. I suspect that the reputable ones do not.

Dave Dunsmoor