[BC] An independent station owner

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Tue Aug 1 19:35:08 CDT 2006

In a message dated 08/01/2006 8:19:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
FrankGott at aol.com writes:

> While not at the top of the ratings the station is well respected and has a
>  loyal following over-the-air and online.  We had six reporters in the
field
>  today.  Live interviews covered everything from the heat wave to Castro.
We
> are
>  staffed 24/7.
>
>  He's a good guy with several 20 year+ employees, including yours truly.

That's the kind of thing I was talking about when I said "My his tribe
increase". It's great to see long-term people who are in this business because they
love it, not for what they can get out of it, but for what they can do for &
give to their listeners. Kudos on your 20+ years! There's something to be said
for longevity! I've been with WFIF for 19+ and counting.

>  Will any thirty or fortysomethings be able to have a career like his in
this
>  evolving industry?

Only if they love the biz, and hook up with some real *Broadcasters* and not
"bean counters".

Willie...