[BC] Why FM took off in the 70 s

Robert Meuser Robertm
Fri Oct 28 12:16:44 CDT 2005

As far as I know WABC as a Top 40 station always worked with the
announcer and engineer in the same room facing each other. The time I
first visited, they were still in old radio theater studios where the
old drams were produced. They had two desks facing each other in a room
that was nearly the size of a TV studio and nearly 2 floor high. There
was actually a 'real' control room that over looked the space and dated
back to the time of those dramas.

Here are some links to some of the various configurations they had over
the years.

http://www.musicradio77.com/oldstudio.html

http://www.musicradio77.com/gates.html

http://www.musicradio77.com/avirtual.html