[BC] Auto-recorder which creates MP3

Mike McCarthy mre
Wed Oct 26 15:37:04 CDT 2005

I'm looking at interfacing several ways.  By either simple auto-
couplers OR using a product which has built in modems that auto-answer
and do the A/D conversion built in. I know of several multi-line
modems which are normally used for fax banks that will do what I need
on the phone line side and will interface to a computer.  Each line is
a COM port.

Then there is the all in one box which will do this in a non-Windows
environment and has IP connectivity which can be access through our
production computer.

I could also do this using the house VM system with D-I-D lines. But
that still requires real time upload into the editor on a per call
basis.  Which is what I'm trying to get away from....

MM

> On Wednesday 26 October 2005 15:31, Mike McCarthy wrote:
> > I've looked at this.? Problem is I need to do this on as many as?8
lines at
> > once.? Not one line?at a time.
>
> So is it a question of just taking audio feeds from a bunch of phone
couplers,
> or are you trying to interface to a 'broadcast phone system' sort of
thing
> (Telos DIM, etc)?
>
> Cheers!
>

> |--------------------------------------------------------------------
-----|
> | Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software
Development  |
> |                           |             Salem Radio
Labs                |
-----|
> |    Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what
it's     |
> |    supposed to
do.                                                      |
> |                                         -- Robert A.
Heinlein           |