[BC] Which version was it?

Rich Wood richwood
Tue Oct 25 17:18:05 CDT 2005

------ At 04:12 PM 10/25/2005, Thomas G. Osenkowsky wrote: -------

>How about "Suspicious Minds"? Many 45's were returned because
>of the fade listeners never heard on the radio. Record companies
>issue promo CD's with different mixes and versions to gain airplay
>across multiple formats. There are 'No Rap', 'Guitars Down', 'Vocals
>Up', 'Urban Mix' and many other variations as well as time and lyric
>edits.

I'm not sure what the solution is. It's always been an issue with
listeners and the album version. It gets far more complex when format
mixes are added to the mix. That's why I have very serious concerns
about 5.1 remixes that don't register with listeners the way the
original they heard did. Most listeners have no idea the songs are
different until they buy the CD. There's a group of artists who want
5.1 and are bringing back the original recording engineers to keep
the mixes as close to the feel of the original as possible. Ken
Pohlman did an article in Sound and Vision on it.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-303-9084