[BC] Which version was it?

Thomas G. Osenkowsky tosenkowsky
Tue Oct 25 15:13:40 CDT 2005

Hmmmm....

So you'd play the LP version of "Who Are You?", "Jet Airliner"?
and "Miracles"? People who bought Jewel's "Pieces of Eight"
CD were certainly disappointed since she rerecorded the songs
that became hits. The newly recorded songs were only sent to
radio as promo CD's.

How about "Suspicious Minds"? Many 45's were returned because
of the fade listeners never heard on the radio. Record companies
issue promo CD's with different mixes and versions to gain airplay
across multiple formats. There are 'No Rap', 'Guitars Down', 'Vocals
Up', 'Urban Mix' and many other variations as well as time and lyric
edits.

I remember searching for the promo 12 inch of "Lotta Love" because
that is what KC-101 played on air. Only available as a promo 12".
Same for "Precious Love" and others not available to the public. When
I worked for a Beautiful Music station we had frequent requests for
cassette dubs of certain songs. The PD explained that we could not
do this due to copyright issues and besides, we want people to listen
to the radio!

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE