[BC] [RT] Auto-recorder which creates MP3"s

dean tiernan dtiernan
Tue Oct 25 17:14:08 CDT 2005

My Irish cohort Mr. Linton told be of total recorder sometime back, it
can be set, much like a VCR and has a number of codecs and converters,
up to the task no doubt, now about answering the phone....would seem
there would be simple sw solutions for that let me look
(*0.23* seconds)

google.....computer answering machine mp3

www.deantiernan.com

Message: 8
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:44:19 -0400
From: "Mike McCarthy" <mre at ais.net <mailto:mre at ais.net>>
Subject: [RT] Auto-recorder which creates MP3"s
To: Broadcast Radio Technical Forum <radio-tech at broadcast.net
<mailto:radio-tech at broadcast.net>>,
Broadcast <broadcast at radiolists.net <mailto:broadcast at radiolists.net>>,
Radio Tech
<radio-tech at broadcast.net <mailto:radio-tech at broadcast.net>>

Does anyone know of a network connectable appliance (or software) which
can take a number of incoming phone lines and auto record incoming
messages?which are formated as?a MP3 or WAV?playable files??

I have several stations which we use VM service to trap listener
messages.? But we then need to download them...which is very time
consuming. By having the messages recorded as a native MP3, we get
rid of the real-tme download.

We're not paying all that much for the telco VM's.?It's?increased
efficiency of the production?we're after. By getting rid of the real
time downloads, we can save several hours a week.? That
translates into some real dollars down the line.