[BC] Hot Tables

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Tue Oct 25 17:14:37 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/25/2005 6:02:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
richwood at pobox.com writes:

> ------ At 03:25 PM 10/25/2005, Cowboy wrote: -------
>
>  >  I knew a certain PD, once.....
>  >  .... who then complained of a noticable THUMP every time the end of the
> tape
>  >  hit the rim.
>
>  I was one of them, though it was good for cleaning dust from speakers.

With a little practice, it could be done effectively. I was able to get a
certain program (that was notorious for running over their allowed time) to run
just a tiny bit faster (not enough to be noticible to the ear, only by the
clock) by putting a single layer of scotch tape onto the capstain of the
reel-to-reel deck. With very careful razor blade trimming, it was possible to make it
smooth and "bump-free".

I never tried this on a turntable, tho, because making the pitch of the music
change by even a tiny bit, bugged me. To this day, there are certain songs
that I can use as a reasonable speed test.

Willie...