[BC] Why FM took off in the 70 s

Robert Meuser Robertm
Mon Oct 24 13:47:55 CDT 2005

I agree with you, Rob

WCFL WLS WABC KLIF WFIL KHJ were all like that and that is just a very
small list. Many other stations were that way. KRLA may well be an
exception. As I recall they were under some kind of trustee around that
time. They lost their license over a fraudulent contest but was kept on
the air until some additional details were resloved. As I recall the
whole thing took decades.  Someone who was there might want to clarify
this a bit.