[BC] Interesting stat on listeners

SteveOrdinetz hykker
Sun Oct 23 14:42:40 CDT 2005

WFIFeng at aol.com wrote:

> >  He said that when they started programming on the FM channel, the
> >  average age of the listeners was 10 years younger than those listening on
>AM.
> >
> >  Then, he said, when WTOP started web streaming, the average of the
> >  stream listeners was another gap to 10 years below those listening on FM.
> >
> >  The section I heard did not speak of raw numbers, but the age groupings.
> >
> >  Interesting, no?
>
>It is, indeed... it tells me that the age-demographic (in this case) is not
>content-driven, but media-driven. As our beloved Mr Spock would say...
>"Fascinating!"

Kind of makes sense though...I almost never listen to streamed audio...just
can't be bothered.  I'm not online that much and to me it's weird to think
of my computer as a "radio".  I'm in my mid 50s.  It does seem more popular
among younger audiences.  Almost makes me wonder about standards or oldies
stations that stream, or are webcast-only.