[BC] HD Radio's lack of upgrade capability

Cowboy curt
Fri Oct 21 15:45:56 CDT 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 09:50 am, Mike wrote:
>It's a software change int he machine Cowboy.  If it can send out one
>stream or two and it can send out the data it can send out more data
>just by changing the way the system sends out the information.  The
>receivers of course have to decode it. Software is sent to the stations
>and they simply load it into the unit and out it goes as part of the
>data stream.

 So, you're telling me that the capability already exists in the encoder ?
 Somehow I doubt that.
 I've heard it's Linux based, so many of us could do the re-write,
 if we were allowed, but if not, and it's not already coded into the system....

>The question is who pays for the upgrade designs? Service
>contract?  Ouch just bit my tongue when I typed that.  LOL  You
>understand what I'm saying.

 Kinda.
 And it appears to kinda depend on cooperation from ibuiquity ?

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four.  Unless
there are three other people."
		-- Orson Welles