[BC] HD Radio's lack of upgrade capability

Mike engineermike
Fri Oct 21 08:51:15 CDT 2005

It's a software change int he machine Cowboy.  If it can send out one
stream or two and it can send out the data it can send out more data
just by changing the way the system sends out the information.  The
receivers of course have to decode it. Software is sent to the stations
and they simply load it into the unit and out it goes as part of the
data stream.  The question is who pays for the upgrade designs? Service
contract?  Ouch just bit my tongue when I typed that.  LOL  You
understand what I'm saying.
Later
Mike